Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fees Have Been Paid, Body Fast Tested.....1,2,3....Lets Go!

It's official now. I'll be swimming with the sharks on May 2nd. I paid the registration fees today. Whhoooohooooo!!! The training needs to start now, especially since the race is early this year. Holiday's over, so no more excuses for not working out.

I got my body fat tested yesterday (yep, that's me in the this pic getting the fat measured) and it wasn't pretty,so some race training is exactly what I need to get it back down. The last time I got my body fat tested was in 2007 and it was at 17%. My weight has remained the same. It might not sound that bad, but the news I didn't like is that my lean muscles has dropped 10 pounds from 150 to 140. That ain't good. They said I should be eating about 120 grams of protien a day and to make sure they're little meals throughout the day. I do the little meal thing, but I think the protein has been lacking.

Chop chop......the fun is about to begin. Truly, I'm so excited for this race. For me, the swim is absolutely surreal. My biggest fear in life is now one of my most incredible joys. Funny how that works eh.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: