Tuesday, March 1, 2011

95 Days til RACE DAY...Let The Training Get Serious!

Today is March 1st and it's the official 'buckle up Perry, the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon is just around the corner' day!  Today I kicked off the official start of training w/ a great P90X workout this morning of Arms and Shoulders followed by the Ab Ripper!! And then post work it was hot yoga!  Felt awesome and tomorrow morning it's 7 miles on the treadmill and then possibly my first swim since last summer.  I hope I haven't forgotten how to swim. :)

I can't believe this will be my fourth year doing this incredible race.  I'm truly blessed to be able to do it AND so lucky to have been selected every single year via the lottery.  Guess it was meant to be.

Kristen & me pre-race 2010
I'll also be doing the race with my cousin Kristen. Her story is incredible! She came to cheer me on along the sidelines for the first two years and then she got a wild hair to throw her name in the hat for last years race, having never even competed in a triathlon...let alone the most trecherous one.  And she gets selected, trains like a rock star and did an incredible job last year in the race! From sidelines cheerleader (which was awesome btw) to rock star competitor in one year...amazing!  She's a true inspiration to me! And I'm so glad she got selected again this year.  She also did 8 or so other triathlons last year, in addition to Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon.

A few of your have been inquiring on the P90X program complimenting the tri training.  Send me a note or leave a comment if you would like more information on it. It will make your core strong beyond belief and I was able to get personal bests last year in the bike, run and swim portions as a result and am certain it's because I threw P90X into the training mix! 

Stay tuned and for those of you who are doing the race as well, good luck w/ the training and HAVE FUN with it! 

No comments: