Wednesday, April 27, 2011

38 Days til Swimming with the Sharks!

I honestly can't believe the race is only 38 days away.  Oh my word!!! Training is going well.  A bit of a pulled hamstring over the past month, but last 7 days has been great with no pain.  Swims are going well.  Biking needs to happen more.  Not enough hours in the day to get the amount of training in that I would like, but that's kind of the usual story.

I heard today that the current is supposed to be 5mph on race day and if we don't make the swim w/in 50 minutes we'll be pushed out underneath Golden Gate Bridge and then will need to be picked up in a boat and brought back to swim finish!  Now this is from one source, so I won't stress about it too bad.  All four of my swims have been under 40 minutes, so I should be good! We'll be swimm'n in a river though!

Alright, sorry for such a quick note, but thought it was better than no note....right?  :)

Happy training for anyone else doing the race!! I'll write more later.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Perry,

I was feeling good about the swim til I read this. EEK! Now I am nervous.

Jenn