Friday, December 17, 2010

I GOT IN....WOOHOOO!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected to participate in the 2011 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon on June 5, 2011 in San Francisco, California! We are very excited to have you join us for this amazing triathlon experience.


The note above just came across the wire to me.  I got in....woohooo!!  Congrats to my cousin Kristen for getting in too (her second year) and congrats to blog buddy Jenn for getting in as well....Jenn, year two for you too?  Tim, give us a hollar and let us know if you got the email....if not, 2nd lottery will get you a slot.


Anyone else get the email?  Wait, aren't there sharks in that body of water between Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf?  :) 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I received the very same email this morning. I read your posts about P90x and just sent you an email looking for advice. Happy training!!

Jenn said...

This is my first year!! Yay for you too! I booked my hotel room & found a bike box for my bike. Again, now I just have to come up w/ $400!! :)

See you in San Fran!

Perry said...

Congrats Erin and Jenn!! That's awesome!! Jenn, you're on the ball already reserving your room....very smart to do...I'll be doing it soon as well. Erin, I'll shoot you a note in regards to p90x and tri training. Adding p90x to the mix strengthened my core beyond believe and I was able to get personal bests in all 3 sports as a result.

Tim said...

Congrats everyone. I didn't want to say anything until I was sure everyone else knew one way or the other, but that is what the smiley face comment was yesterday! I live just outside of San Francisco, so I am happy to field any questions about the area!

Perry said...

Congrats Tim! #2 for you.....now you know what to expect since you have one under your belt. I just wish shark fest wasn't the weekend before...that makes me nervous. Shark repellant, right? :)

Scott said...

Just got in, and found your blog while looking for training tips. This will be my first time at this triathlon, and first triathlon in quite a few years. I'd love to hear more about your training regimen going forward.

Congrats on getting in. See you then!

Scott

Perry said...

Scott, a huge congrats to you. You are going to absolutely love the whole experience and I can't even describe how exciting that boat ride is over to Alcatraz the morning of the race! And then the plunge into the water....you're going to love it all! Hit me up if you have any questions along the way.

JOBR said...

Hi there
I got in too but haven't decided yet whether i have the time to train... and i don't live near any hills so am super paranoid about how tough the biking will be. Help!!
Janet