Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5 Days Away til the Big Jump!

Oh man, it's down to the wire now. In 5 days we'll be jumping off the boat into the kind of, sort of chilly waters and maybe a current or two, sea lion or three, of San Francisco Bay. The swim training has been excellent. Torn calf muscle has definitely put a bit of a snag on the running and bike, but after my run and bike this weekend (after two weeks of no biking or running), the calf is feeling great. I won't be winning any records and this might be the most painful of the four years I've been doing this race, yet I'm still just as excited to be doing this amazing race. I'd write a bit more, but clouds have cleared for about 5 minutes in Seattle, so I'm heading down to the lake for a bit of a plunge.

Have a great taper week to anyone else doing the race and hoping to get another post in before I head South on Friday!

2 comments:

Ed said...

Good luck. Seattle, aye? My swim training has only been in Texas' 80+ degree pools, even the lakes are warm.... the cold water scares me.

Perry Sjogren said...

Hey Ed, thx for the good luck and same w/ you. You have nothing to worry about w/ the cold. It's not that cold. Jump in the water on Fri and/or Sat at Olympic Park to get a feel for temperature and you'll be set!