Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No Sherpa Swim

Well....I decided to not do the four swimmers and a sherpa swim. I think that type of swim would have been more stressful than the actual swim on race day. I would have been under pressure keep up w/ those three (and pulling up their info on some races I could tell they're much faster than me) since that's part of the deal w/ this swim in that all four swimmers have to swim together. For some reason, lots of other swimmers in the water is a bit more comforting that just four. If I could find some type of larger group doing that swim prior, I might be down for that. Or to keep things exciting, probably best if I just wait til race day.

Training:
I had a great run on Saturday. I'm guessing I did about 8.5 miles. Post run wasn't the best. Up until Monday morning, I could feel my heartbeat in my knee (due to the pain) so I'll be going to the doc tomorrow to have it checked out. Arrggghhhh. Two years ago, I had to cut back on the running due to the same type of pain. I'm being optimistic though.

I also did Bikram last night (bbhhuurrfff.....yes, someone did it again) and it kicked my butt but it was exactly what the body needed. Somebody threw up in the class, so kept things exciting.

No comments: