Monday, April 14, 2008

Running Vegas Style

I was in Las Vegas over the weekend for a friend's wedding and was determined to keep up the training (since I kind of took all of last week off post the training clinic). Rather than swim in the pool and having to dodge hotel guests floating around with cocktails in hand, I decided to hit the Vegas Strip both mornings for a nice run.

At first I was hesitant to run the Strip, but it turned out to be the perfect choice for a running path, with non-stop entertainment for the whole hour. As you can just imagine . . . . I came across people who had been up all night and were staggering back to their hotels or maybe they were just heading to their next adventure. And then there were people who looked like they had a really late night but were determined to start the day early and all I got from them were scowls. And I even ran by an Elvis impersonator....where in the world would an Evlis impersonator be boing at 8am on a Sunday . . . . maybe church.

I had always wanted to check out the Bellagio and Venetian hotels, so I did a quick jog into both of those to get a feel of the place.

So I must say, out of all of my training runs to date, these two over the weekend top the chart for most entertainment. I highly recommend a morning run on the Strip next time you're in Vegas.

No comments: