Saturday, March 27, 2010

35 Days Away!! Start Taking Cold Showers!! Another Personal Best!!

Can't believe we're so close to the race.  For all of you doing the race, trust your training has been going well.  At this point prior to race, the die hards are now suggest'n that we start sleeping with the windows open and turning the hot water off for the last minute or two of our showers to get us used to the cold temp of the San Francisco Bay.  I must admit, I will do the windows open for a few nights and do play a bit w/ the cold water in the shower, but nothing too extreme.  I think it does help to condition the body.  In Seattle, some of us will (or already have) start jumping into the lake or Sound.

I broke my personal best in the 1/4 mile swim this week.  6:52!!!  It amazes me, as I haven't been spending my typical amount of time in the pool.  I'm day 59 into P90X and as I'm mentioned before, I'm certain this program is what's making me break these records.  The core is solid beyond belief.  Diet has been stellar.

I''ve been doing P90X with a buddy of mine (who is also doing Escape for the first time ever....actually first triathlon ever) and he just got his body fat measured on Thursday and it went from 18% in Sept '09 to 7%.  Talk about an incredible transformation.  A huge congrats to him!

Keep up the great training you all and keep sending me notes if you have any questions along the way.

Cheers, Perry
sjogren@gmail.com

No comments: