Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fight Against Cancer

In addition to my physical commitment to this race, I've also made a commitment to raise funds in the fight against cancer and in memory of three incredible loved ones I recently lost to this terrible disease. Their names are Brennen Maynard, Ann Quill and Carleton Peterson.

I am raising funds for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Founded in 1997, the LAF has raised more than $250 million for the fight against cancer. My fundraising effort will go directly towards LAF's Grassroots component which inspires and empowers people affected by cancer, providing them with the practical tools and resources they need to live life on their own terms. The foundation believes that in the battle with cancer, unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. I'm targeting a goal of $2,500 between now and race day. All donations are tax deductible and go directly to the Foundation and you can donate under your name or anonymously.

As I swim, bike and run in the race, your sponsorship will definitely inspire me to race stronger and faster to the finish line. If you feel like contributing, just click here. http://www.livestrong.org/grassroots2008/perrysescape

Thanks much for your support.

- Perry

No comments: