Thursday, May 29, 2008

Training Winding Down

9 Days Left!! Yesterday I put in a non-stop 1.5 mile and it felt pretty good. I did it in 38 minutes, so if the Bay had the same conditions as the pool, I'd have 22 minutes to spare before the one hour cut off. Unfortunately, I'll have a few more obstacles, but I think the 22 minutes will be plenty of time to get me to shore under the cutoff.

This morning I did my Capital Hill loop (about 6 miles) and the loop is certainly getting easier each time I do it.

And then this eve my master's swim group had us working on core work for freestyle and I fine-tuned mine a bit more which felt great.

Workout for this Saturday is a 2 - 2.5 mile swim in Lake Washington followed by a one hour bike and 8 mile run. Then post Saturday, it's definitely tapering way down til race days.

That's that low-down, latest and greatest.

No comments: