Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First Non-Stop Mile and a Half

Yesterday was my first mile and a half swim non-stop. I did it at the pool before work and it went pretty well. I did it in about 43 minutes. We have to complete the swim in one hour, so I'll be pushing it as the Bay elements will definitely add more minutes to that 43. If I can get down to 40 minutes before race day, I'll be pretty happy with that.

I honestly think my new suggested 'Alcatraz' swim goggles drag me down a bit because they're so huge. The brand is Aqua Seal and they have the 180 degree view and since they take up a larger portion on the face, it will keep a bit more of my face warmer.

I ran last eve and that went pretty well. Got the heart beat up to 134 beats per minute towards the end.

I'm working on a prosthetic shark fin to attach to the back of my swim cap. I'm sure all the other swimmers would get quite a chuckle out of that. Hahaha . . . . kidding . . . now that would be a terrible joke.

No comments: