Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Week from Today!!

One week from today and the great morning workout begins.  I'm so excited!!


Training this past week was awesome. All parts are working/moving great.  No knee pain, no planter's fascitis...nothing!!  On 3 of the days I did 2 blocks.  I also ran my old capital hill neighborhood loop 2x. This was my first run on the course this year.  Actually haven't ran it since June of last year. There is a 5 minute hill climb that is brutal and my record to date on the climb was 4 minutes, 52 seconds and low and behold, this year on the second loop, I timed it and I got 4 minutes, 15 seconds.  I couldn't believe it.  I thought remote chance I'd beat 5 minutes, but not a personal best.  I had my iPhone w/ me for music, so I video'd at the top of the hill.  I'll get the clip on here later.

On Friday I had a 90 minute bike ride in and then did one beacon hill loop (run) afterwards and was excited that the run was breeze...not the typical lead legs for the first mile.  At top of steepest hill on bike my heart rate was 182.  That was a manual check.  Finally learning heart rate monitors don't work well on me....mine said 135.

Did one hour hard spin yesterday and then 2 mile swim.  Swim specs are below for me to have for reference later.
1/4 swim - 7:46, 7:05, 6:59    1/2 swim  14:15, 13:58 (personal best on last 1/2 mile)


Wind'n 'er down.  P90X is at Day 87.  I haven't missed a day yet.  What an incredible experience with that program.  Can't wait to try some of there other programs after this one!

Stay healthy over the next week for everyone doing this crazy race!!

No comments: