Thursday, April 15, 2010

Personal Best on 1/2 Mile Swim....Another Thanks to P90X!!

Yesterday was the first day back in the pool after a 12 days of no swim due to me being out of town and not close to a pool.  Well, the incredible news is that I beat my 1/2 mile swim record ever....once again....unbelievable. How in the world does this happen when you haven't been training in 12 days??? I honestly can't believe it and if you've been reading my previous blogs over the past month, you'll know I have only one thing to attribute this too and that's P90X!! 

I've been dedicated to the P90X program and am currently at Day 77.  A few of you have emailed me inquiring on P90X  to find out the detailed specs on how I've been coordinating it w/ the tri workouts.  If you're interested, please send me an email and I'll provide you w/ all info.  sjogren@gmail.com. The physical transformation to the body is also incredible as well.  I'm now seeing abs I thought I never had.  P90X Day 90 will be four days before the race...perfect to end w/ the tri taper.

Below is more for my own record to reference down the road. My swim splits were as follows:

1/2 miie: 14:29

1/4 mile: 7:03
1/2 mile: 14:09 (THE RECORD SWIM FOR ME)

1/4 mile: 7:09
1/2 mile: 4:18 

I also ran 8 miles post the swim at Alki and that felt great as well.  Below is a bit of a clip on that run introducing my running partner Walter to you all.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Perry-
Awesome post man! Stick with it, you are seeing great results from your workouts, and inspiring others to get out and do the same.

Happy Friday!

Jamie